A thick yet fluffy pancake full of creamy bananas, smooth hints of pear, and crunchy pine nuts over a heap of cool crème fraîche. “This is good with any ripe banana,” Mallmann says, so if you have extra-sweet varieties besides the ubiquitous Cavendish available, use them.
Featured In: "Francis Mallman's Case For Burning Your Dessert"
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 cup whole milk, room temperature
- 1 cup AP flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp. melted butter
- 6 small, ripe bananas, peeled, split in half, lengthwise
- 1 ripe pears, quartered, seeds removed
- 5 tbsp. butter, divided
- 4 tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1 cup crème fraiche
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted