Traditional carrot cake flavor, consistency of a muffin, and the shape of a cookie, makes for a breakfast game changer. This delicious, on-trend muffin top recipe, provided by Nielsen-Massey Vanillas, is a sweet way to start your day.
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 tbsp. Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1⁄2 tsp. Nielsen-Massey Pure Almond Extract
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3⁄4 tsp. salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 cups coarsely shredded carrot (about 3 carrots)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄3 cup crushed pineapple
- 1⁄4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp. Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Sugar
Preheat oven to 350⁰F. Lightly coat a non-stick muffin top tin with cooking spray.
To a small bowl, add raisins, vanilla and almond extracts; stir to coat and set aside.
Then to a medium bowl, add flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; whisk to blend and set aside.
To a large bowl, add eggs and whisk. Add oil and brown sugar; whisk until blended. Add dry ingredients one half at a time; gently stir after each addition. Add carrots, pecans, pineapple, coconut and raisins; stir until just combined.
Evenly spread about 1⁄3 cup batter into each muffin top cup. Sprinkle 1⁄4 teaspoon of vanilla sugar evenly over each muffin top before baking. Bake one batch at a time until done, about 15-18 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.