The perfect accompaniment for turkey, in just ten minutes.
This bracingly tart relish, from Matthew Jennings of Townsman in Boston is the perfect foil for a rich Thanksgiving spread. Whole pieces or orange flesh and peel add texture to balance the creamy smoothness of mashed potatoes and cornbread dressing.
Featured in: Ditch Cranberry Sauce for Relish
- 1 orange (1/2 finely zested, remaining flesh and peel finely chopped)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tbsp. Grand Marnier, or other orange liqueur
- 1⁄2 tsp. kosher salt
- To a saucepan, add zested and chopped orange, cranberries, sugar, lime juice, liqueur, and salt. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook, stirring, until the cranberries burst and the sauce thickens, 8 minutes. Scrape into a bowl and let cool