Test kitchen director Farideh Sadeghin grew up eating Little Caesar’s pizza with her family and friends, and was particularly fond of the crazy bread on the menu, thus inspiring her to make this homemade version. She loves to sprinkle it with chile flakes before dipping it in hot marinara sauce (try the sauce from this recipe for homemade mozzarella sticks).
Featured in: Pizza Pizza
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1 cup water, heated to 115°
- 1 tbsp. active dry yeast
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted, plus more for greasing
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Marinara sauce, for dipping
- Whisk flour and salt in a bowl; stir water, yeast, and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a hook attachment. Let sit until foamy, about 10 minutes. With the motor running, slowly add dry ingredients; beat until dough is smooth. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and set in a warm place until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 425°. Line a baking sheet with greased parchment paper; pat dough into a 14” oval, about 1⁄3” thick. Using a pizza cutter, slice dough crosswise into 1 1⁄2” strips; brush with half the butter and sprinkle with half the parmesan. Bake until golden, 15 minutes. Remove from oven and brush with remaining butter; sprinkle with remaining parmesan and salt, to taste.