This funky flaxseed, herb, and vinegar relish complements the Braised Beef Shank with Roasted Radishes and Flaxseed Relish to balance out the pot roast’s richness with acidity and texture.
- 1⁄4 cup flaxseed
- 1⁄2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 6 scallions, green parts only, thinly sliced on the bias (1/3 cup)
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Soak the flaxseeds in 1⁄3 cup water and set aside for at least 2 hours.
- In a medium bowl, combine the parsley, soaked flaxseeds, vinegar, and scallions. Drizzle the relish lightly with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste; stir well.