Fresh green matcha tones down the sweetness of hot chocolate for a delicately bittersweet brew. We like the mix of white chocolate chunks with cocoa powder as a balanced base for the matcha. For a more subtle matcha flavor, use 1/2 a teaspoon instead of 1 teaspoon.
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped white chocolate or white chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. matcha powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- In a mug, combine the cocoa powder, chocolate, sugar, matcha, and salt.
- In a small pot, add the milk and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Remove and transfer the milk to the mug; stir until the chocolate is melted and the ingredients are incorporated, about 1 minute.