Juicy-sweet pineapple, crunchy red cabbage, and rich avocado bring added flavor and texture to your typical hot dog.
- 6 oz. pineapple (about 1/4), peeled and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 7 oz. red cabbage (about 1/4), cored and thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp. white vinegar
- Cilantro leaves, for serving
- Grilled hot dogs, for serving
- Grilled hot dog buns, for serving
Toss pineapple, avocado, shallot, zest, and juice in a large bowl.
Toss cabbage and vinegar in a bowl and let sit for 10-15 minutes.
Top hot dog in a bun with pineapple salsa, cabbage, and cilantro leaves.
Continue to Next Story