This light quinoa salad from New York City food writer Anna Watson Carl makes a perfect summer side dish for picnics and barbecues. The fluffy whole grain provides a nice textural balance to the snappy, summer vegetables. For more great grains, check out our hearty list of quinoa, farro, and bulgar recipes.
Featured in: "The Dinner Party: A Rosé Picnic."
- 3⁄4 cup quinoa
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 8 oz. sugar snap peas, thinly sliced on the bias
- 8 oz. radishes, trimmed and julienned
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped mint leaves
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced