Quinoa Salad with Sugar Snap Peas, Scallions, and Mint
This light summer salad has an unmistakable fresh taste from the lemon, garlic, and mint.
Yield: serves 4
Time: 30 minutes
- 3⁄4 cup quinoa
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 oz. sugar snap peas, thinly sliced on the bias
- 8 oz. radishes, trimmed and julienned
- 1⁄4 cup roughly chopped mint leaves
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- In a small saucepan, bring 1 1⁄3 cups water to a boil. Stir in the quinoa and season with salt and pepper. Reduce the heat to low, and cook, covered, until all the water is absorbed and the quinoa is tender, about 20 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Uncover the quinoa, fluff with a fork, and then scrape into a large bowl to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil with the lemon juice and garlic, and season with salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the quinoa, add the peas, radishes, mint, and scallions. Toss to combine before serving.