While we love this traditional yogurt-based condiment as a cooling accompaniment to an array of Indian mains, like this Murgh Makhanwala (Butter Chicken), we think it works equally well spooned over an omelette at the brunch table.
- 1⁄2 English cucumber (about 6 oz.), seeded and grated
- 1⁄2 medium tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. roughly chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1⁄2 medium carrot, finely grated
Toss cucumbers, tomatoes, and salt in a colander and let sit for 10 minutes. Press cucumbers and tomatoes to drain well and then transfer to a medium bowl along with yogurt, mint, lemon juice, coriander, cumin, and carrots; toss to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit at room temperature for 1 hour. Chill.