These mini financiers from Anna Watson Carl make perfect portable treats for summer get-togethers. They’re best eaten the day they’re made, but if you want to start them ahead of time, you can make the batter the day before, refrigerate it overnight, and bake the little cakes fresh in the morning. Find our most popular summer recipes here.
Featured in: "The Dinner Party: A Rosé Picnic."
- 10 tbsp. (5 oz.) unsalted butter, melted and cooled, plus more for greasing
- ½ cups almond flour
- ¼ cups plus 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ¼ cups plus 2 Tbsp. confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ cups =sugar
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 tbsp. lavender honey
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 6 packets 6 oz. fresh or frozen raspberries
- Turbinado sugar, for sprinkling
David Tanis on the tireless home cook and her storied vineyard >
Continue to Next Story