These mini financiers make perfect portable treats for summer get-togethers. They’re best eaten the day they’re made, but if you want to start them ahead of time, you can make the batter the day before, refrigerate it overnight, and bake them in the morning.
Featured in: The Dinner Party: A Rosé Picnic
- 10 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted and cooled, plus more for greasing
- 1⁄2 cup almond flour
- 6 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 6 tbsp. confectioners’ sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 tsp. kosher salt
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tbsp. lavender honey
- 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract
- One (6-oz.) package raspberries
- Raw cane sugar, for sprinkling
- Heat the oven to 375°. Grease a financier pan or mini muffin pan. In a large whisk both flours with both sugars and the salt until evenly combined. In another bowl, whisk the egg whites until frothy. Scrape the whites into the dry ingredients, along with the melted butter, honey, and vanilla, and fold gently until just combined.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of batter into each mold, and press 1 raspberry into the center of each. Sprinkle the financiers with raw sugar, and then bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes, and then unmold and let cool completely.