Ground almonds and full-fat cottage cheese lend body and flavor to this delicate and creamy strawberry cheesecake from Asa Johansson, a gardener and writer who lived on the Swedish island of Oland. For the Midsummer holiday, she served the cake with clouds of whipped cream and ripe berries.
Featured in: "A Midsummer's Dream."
- ¾ cups sugar, divided
- 6 cups quartered strawberries
- ½ cups finely chopped fresh mint
- Unsalted butter, for greasing
- ¾ cups blanched almonds
- 2¼ cups cottage cheese, drained overnight
- ¾ cups heavy cream
- ¾ cups whole milk
- ¼ all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- Confectioners’ sugar, for garnish
- Whipped cream, for serving