Rose's Luxury in Washington, D.C. makes this sprightly, pretty cocktail, a mix of rye, rose-tinged simple syrup, fresh lemon juice, and bitters.
Yield: makes 1 cocktail
For the Rose Simple Syrup
- <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>3</sub> cup sugar
- 2 drops rose extract, such as Terra
For the Cocktail
- 1 <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>2</sub> oz. rye whiskey (preferably Rittenhouse)
- <sup>3</sup>⁄<sub>4</sub> oz. rose simple syrup
- <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>2</sub> oz. fresh lemon juice
- 2 dashes Fee Brothers Old Fashioned bitters
- Make the simple syrup: In a 1-qt. saucepan, stir the sugar with 1⁄3 cup water and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until sugar dissolves, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the rose extract. Let cool completely.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the whiskey, syrup, lemon juice, and bitters with ice. Shake vigorously, and strain into a chilled rocks glass. Garnish with rose petals.
MORE TO READ
Our Best Pumpkin Recipes Celebrate the Flavor of Fall
Think outside the pie this autumn with these craveable cooking ideas from around the globe.
Don’t Fear the Dinner Party: Toasting Romy Gill’s Cookbook from Home
Recipes, tricks, and tips for hosting a Himalayan-inspired vegetarian feast.