Tomato and Orange Sangrita
This flavor-packed sipper is served alongside a neat glass of tequila at La Tequila in Guadalajara, Mexico. Do as many Mexicans do: A sip of tequila, a sip of sangrita—repeat, for the best experience.
Featured in: Food Lessons from Abroad
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup tomato juice
- 1⁄4 cup Clamato
- 3 tbsp. Fanta orange soda
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp. grenadine
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire or Maggi seasoning sauce
- 1⁄4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- Tequila, to serve
- In a small pitcher, combine first nine ingredients and stir until well mixed. Refrigerate the sangrita for at least 2 hours. To serve, pour the sangrita into chilled shot glasses and serve alongside chilled shots of tequila.