Top Step Cocktail
In this play on a traditional gin sour, Seamstress creative director Pamela Wiznitzer tempers the clear stuff with Jäger and sweetens the mix with the addition of honey and orange juice. Here, Jäger adds a slight spice and bitterness that fuses excellently with the addition of aromatic bitters, which are also used as garnish.
For the honey syrup:
- 1 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup hot water
For the cocktail:
- 3⁄4 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 oz. fresh orange juice
- 1⁄2 oz. honey syrup
- 3⁄4 oz. Jägermeister
- 1 1⁄2 oz. old Tom gin
- 1 egg white
- 3 dashes aromatic bitters, as garnish
- Make the honey syrup: In a container, combine honey and hot water and stir until completely mixed. Use immediately or store and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the juices, honey, Jägermeister, gin and egg white and dry shake, without ice, for 15-20 seconds.
- Fill the shaker with ice and shake an additional 20 seconds to aerate the egg white.
- Strain into a coupe glass and garnish with drops of aromatic bitters.