This refreshing tequila cocktail comes from the team behind Los Angeles’ The Walker Inn. Inspired by the Pacific Coast Highway, it’s infused with grapefruit and pisco, then softened with floral Lillet Blanc.
Featured in: Walkering the Pacific Coast Highway
For the Grapefruit Syrup (makes about 3/4 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp. grapefruit zest
- 1⁄4 tsp. citric acid
For the Cocktail
- 2 oz. tequila
- 1 1⁄2 oz. fresh lime juice
- 1 oz. pisco, preferably Encanto
- 1 oz. grapefruit syrup
- 1 oz. Lillet Blanc
- 1 oz. Pamplemousse
- 2 tsp. Campari
- 1⁄4 tsp. kosher salt
- Grapefruit wedge, to garnish
- Make the syrup: In a small bowl, whisk the grapefruit juice with the sugar, zest, and citric acid until the sugar dissolves. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 8 hours. Pour the syrup through a fine sieve into a bottle and store in the refrigerator.
- To make the cocktail, in a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine the tequila with the lime juice, pisco, syrup, Lillet, Pamplemousse, Campari, and salt, and shake vigorously for 15 seconds. Strain into a coupe glass and garnish with a grapefruit wedge.