Peppery watercress, nutty sesame seeds, and earthy Korean chile flakes are brought together by an easy lemon vinaigrette in this simple cold-weather salad.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. plus 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp. gochugaru (Korean red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. packed dark brown sugar, preferably from Okinawa
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 oz. watercress
- In a large bowl, whisk lemon juice with sesame oil, soy sauce, sesame seeds, gochugaru, sugar, and garlic. Add watercress and toss until evenly coated. Transfer to a bowl and serve immediately.