Watercress with Spicy Chile and Sesame Vinaigrette
Peppery watercress, nutty sesame seeds, and earthy Korean chile flakes are brought together by an easy lemon vinaigrette in this simple cold-weather salad.
Yield: serves 2
Time: 5 minutes
- <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>4</sub> cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. plus 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp. <a href="https://www.spicejungle.com/korean-chili-flakes-gochugaru">gochugaru</a> (Korean red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. packed dark brown sugar, <a href="http://chefshop.com/Okinawa-Kokuto-Brown-Sugar-P8198.aspx">preferably from Okinawa</a>
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 oz. watercress
- In a large bowl, whisk lemon juice with sesame oil, soy sauce, sesame seeds, gochugaru, sugar, and garlic. Add watercress and toss until evenly coated. Transfer to a bowl and serve immediately.
MORE TO READ
Don’t Fear the Dinner Party: Toasting Romy Gill’s Cookbook from Home
Recipes, Tricks, and Tips for Hosting a Himalayan-Inspired Vegetarian Feast.
Watermelon Gin Punch with Himalayan Salt
Elegant black tea and botanical flavors round out this pretty party punch.