Belgian Endive Spears with Curried Crab Salad
A delicious and easy appetizer sure to please your holiday guests.
Yield: makes About 32
- 6 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- Leaves from 5 sprigs fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 lb. lump crabmeat, picked over
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4-5 heads belgian endive, leaves separated
- Whisk mayonnaise, curry powder, garlic, tarragon, lemon juice, and 2–3 tsp. water together in a medium bowl. Add crabmeat, season to taste with salt and pepper, and mix well.
- Spoon about 1 tbsp. of the crabmeat mixture onto the root end of each endive leaf. Arrange on a serving platter and garnish platter with ripe cherry tomatoes, if you like.