Stone crab claws are sold precooked. They’re usually served chilled, which allows the meat to slip free of the shell easily, and also gives it a finer, clearer flavor.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup prepared yellow mustard
- 1⁄4 cup prepared horseradish
- 1 tsp. hot sauce
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 32 large stone crab claws, chilled
- Make the mustard sauce by mixing together mayonnaise, mustard, horseradish, hot sauce, and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Crack shells of stone crab claws with a hammer or the dull side of a cleaver. Serve with mustard sauce and lemon wedges.