Gooney Goo-Goo Cocktail
This aromatic tiki-style cocktail is topped with a lit garnish, whose flame adds potency to the cinnamon sprinkled on top of the drink. This recipe first appeared in our Jan/Feb 2013 issue along with our article Flaming Cocktails.
- 1 oz. port, preferably Warre’s Otima
- 1 oz. fresh orange juice
- 3⁄4 oz. fresh lime juice, plus 1/2 of a lime
- 1⁄4 oz. fresh grapefruit juice
- 1⁄2 oz. cognac, preferably Pierre Ferrand 1840
- 1⁄4 tsp. cinnamon syrup
- 1⁄4 oz. orgeat syrup
- 5 drops Bittermen’s Elemakule bitters
- 1⁄2 lime
- 1⁄2 oz. dark rum, preferably Plantation overproof
- 1 stick cinnamon, for grating
- Combine port, juices, cognac, syrups, and bitters in a shaker filled with ice; shake, and strain into a ceramic tiki mug filled with ice. Hollow out the lime half; turn inside out. Float on top of the cocktail, and fill with rum; ignite. While flame is lit, grate cinnamon over the top.