These treats are from a beloved recipe of the former first lady Laura Bush.
Yield: makes 24 Cookies
- 3⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 tsp. baking powder
- 3⁄4 tsp. baking soda
- 3⁄4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp. kosher salt
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 6 tbsp. sugar
- 6 tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cups rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- Heat oven to 350°. In a bowl, whisk first 5 ingredients; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter with a handheld mixer until smooth. Add sugars; beat until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; beat until smooth. Add flour mixture; beat to form a dough. Stir in oats, chocolate, pecans, and coconut. Form dough into 24 balls; divide between 2 parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake until cooked through, 16–18 minutes. Let cool.