Flat and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
This delicious chocolate chip cookie recipe is based on one published in The Essential New York Times Cookbook (Norton, 2010).
Yield: makes About 60 Cookies
- 2 cups flour
- 1 scant tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 1⁄4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 16 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 12 oz. finely shaved bittersweet chocolate
- 8 oz. finely ground walnuts
- Whisk flour, salt, and baking soda in a bowl; set aside. In a bowl, beat sugars and butter with a mixer on medium speed until fluffy, 1–2 minutes. Beat in eggs one at a time; beat in vanilla. Add reserved flour mixture, chocolate, and nuts; mix until just combined; chill.
- Heat oven to 325°. Divide dough into 1-tbsp. portions; roll into balls, transfer to parchment paper–lined baking sheets spaced 3" apart, and flatten. Bake until set, about 15 minutes.