Greek cookbook author and journalist Aglaia Kremezi uses this traditional recipe to highlight the superior flavor of freshly caught fish.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup plus 4 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 whole 10-oz. sea bream, porgy, or red snapper, cleaned
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried Greek oregano, crumbled
- Put the lemon juice and salt into a blender. Set blender on high and pour in 1⁄2 cup oil in a steady stream. Transfer lemon sauce to a small serving bowl; set aside.
- Build a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill or heat a gas grill to medium-high. Season fish inside and out with salt and drizzle with remaining oil. Transfer fish to a well-oiled grill and cook, turning once, until fish is lightly charred and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Transfer fish to a platter and sprinkle with oregano. Serve with lemon sauce.