Hot Coconut Milk Punch
Coconut milk adds richness to this bourbon drink, adapted from a recipe by mixologist and writer Toby Cecchini. This recipe first appeared in our October 2011 issue, along with Rebecca Barry’s article Whiskey Rebellion.
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 oz. bourbon, like Pritchard’s
- Grated nutmeg, to garnish
- Heat milks, sugar, and vanilla in a small saucepan over high heat; cook, whisking, until frothy and steaming. Stir in bourbon, then pour into a coffee mug; garnish with nutmeg.