Jessica's Spiced Pecans
These fragrant, skillet-roasted pecans get their earthy, spicy bite from rosemary, Spanish smoked paprika, and chili powder.
Yield: makes 2 cups
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 2 tbsp. light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. roughly chopped rosemary leaves
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. Tabasco
- 1⁄4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Heat butter in a 12" skillet over medium heat. Add pecans and cook, swirling skillet constantly, until nuts are toasted, about 5 minutes.
- Add brown sugar, rosemary, Worcestershire, paprika, chili powder, salt, Tabasco, black pepper, and cinnamon and stir until pecans are evenly coated. Continue cooking pecans, stirring constantly, until fragrant, 1–2 minutes.
- Transfer pecans to a parchment paper–lined baking sheet, spread into a single layer, and let cool, stirring pecans and breaking up sugar and spices occasionally.