Lobster Ceviche with Limestone Lettuce
A diverse mix of flavors inspires a deliciously tender lobster dish.
Yield: serves 4
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- ½ tsp. ají panka (Peruvian chile paste)
- ½ powdered ginger
- ½ freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cups fresh lemon juice
- 2 pinches salt dissolved in 2 tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. yuzu juice
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- Meat from 1 boiled 2-lb Maine lobster, cut into ½" pieces and chilled
- 12 very small bibb lettuce leaves
- ½ small red onion, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 3 cherry tomatoes, stemmed and quartered
- 3 sprigs fresh cilantro plus 12 fresh cilantro leaves
- Whisk together garlic, ají panka, ginger, pepper, lemon juice, salted water, yuzu juice, and soy sauce in a medium bowl. Add lobster meat to dressing and toss to combine.
- Arrange 3 of the lettuce leaves on each of four chilled salad plates. Divide lobster meat among lettuce cups. Place a small tangle of onions and 1 tomato quarter on top of each serving of lobster. Spoon a little of the dressing over top of lobster and into each lettuce cup. Mince cilantro sprigs, sprinkle on top of onions and tomatoes, then top with cilantro leaves.