Marinated Shrimp with Feta and Mint
We’ve enjoyed Pane e Vino, where this refreshing salad is served, for years—and were pleased when radicchio grower Lucio Gomiero told us it was one of his favorites, too.
- 12 large fresh shrimp, peeled, butterflied, and deveined
- 4 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 4 sprigs fresh mint
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled feta
- Preheat grill or stove-top grill. Meanwhile, put shrimp, 2 tbsp. of the oil, garlic, wine, and salt and pepper to taste in a medium bowl and toss to mix well. Set shrimp aside and allow to marinate for 5–6 minutes. Strip leaves from 2 of the mint sprigs, coarsely chop, and set aside.
- Transfer shrimp to grill, discarding marinade, and grill over medium-high heat, turning once, until shrimp are just cooked through, 1–2 minutes per side.
- Transfer shrimp to a medium bowl. Add remaining 2 tbsp. oil, reserved chopped mint, lime juice, and lemon juice and set aside until shrimp cool to room temperature, about 15 minutes.
- Divide the shrimp evenly between 2 salad plates. Pour dressing over shrimp, scatter feta over shrimp, and garnish each plate with leaves from remaining 2 sprigs mint.