This clean, flavorful preparation of whole fish stuffed with pico de gallo preserves all the fish's natural juices. Mullet is typically used, but red snapper works just as well. This recipe first appeared in our August/September 2012 issue with Beth Kracklauer's article In Full Bloom.
- 2 tbsp. minced jalapeños
- 4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 plum tomatoes, cored and finely chopped
- 1 medium white onion, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 (1-lb.) whole red snappers, cleaned and butterflied
- 1 lime, cut into 4 wedges