This spicy cantina favorite makes an excellent appetizer and thirst-quencher on a hot summer night.
- 24 cooked, peeled shrimp
- 2 1⁄2 cups Clamaato juice
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice, plus extra for glass rims
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 clove garlic
- 1⁄2 serrano chile, stemmed
- 4 lager beers
- Chile powder, for dusting glass rims and shrimp
Pour some lime juice on a plate and chili powder on another; dip rims of 4 pint-size beer mugs in juice, then chili powder. Dip tops of shrimp in chili powder; set aside. Purée Clamato juice, lime juice, orange juice, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, salt, garlic, and serrano chile in a blender. Divide among mugs, and fill with ice; top each with a lager beer. Place 6 shrimp each on 4 skewers; place a skewer across each mug.