In this recipe from Columbus, Ohio's Cap City Diner, potato chips are topped with alfredo sauce, blue cheese, and chives. This recipe first appeared in our Jan/Feb 2013 issue along with our article Ohio Nachos.
- 3 cloves garlic, mashed into a paste
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 3 oz. finely grated Parmesan
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (13-oz.) bag kettle-style potato chips
- 4 oz. crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tbsp. chopped chives
Heat oven to 400°. Bring garlic and cream to a boil in a 2-qt. saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring, until sauce is thick, about 10 minutes. Stir in Parmesan, and season with salt and pepper. Pile chips on an ovenproof plate, drizzle with sauce, and sprinkle with blue cheese. Cook until cheese is slightly melted, 5-7 minutes; garnish with chives.