Pizza Pistacchio e Mortadella (Pistachio and Mortadella Pizza)
A buttery pistachio puree bolsters this mortadella and mozzarella pizza.
Yield: makes Four 10" Pizzas
- 1 1⁄2 cups shelled pistachios
- 1⁄2 tbsp. grated Parmesan
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil, plus more to taste
- 3 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1 recipe Naples-style pizza dough
- Fine semolina, for dusting
- 4 oz. thinly sliced mortadella, cut into quarters
- 1 lb. fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 1 oz. grated pecorino romano
- 16 fresh basil leaves
- Place a pizza stone under the broiler; heat for 30 minutes. Purée pistachios, Parmesan, oil, lemon juice, salt, and ¼ cup water in a food processor until smooth. Working in 4 batches, dust 1 ball dough with semolina. Using your fingertips, press dough into a 10" circle about ¼" thick, leaving a 1" crust around the edges. Hold dough straight up, and with fingertips circling crust, slide fingers around crust in a circular motion as you would turn a steering wheel until dough in the center is stretched to about ⅛" thick; transfer to a semolina-dusted pizza peel. Spread ½ cup pistachio purée over dough and distribute a quarter each of the mortadella, cheeses, and basil over the top; drizzle with oil. Slide pizza onto stone; broil until cheese melts and crust is puffed and charred in spots, 3-4 minutes. Serve hot.