Prosciutto, Chile, and Onion Pizza
Spicy and salty, with just the right amount of earthy sweetness, this homemade pizza makes a perfect appetizer or main course.
Yield: makes One 12" Pizza
- Pizza Dough
- 1⁄4 cup Melted Onions
- 1 fresno chile, thinly sliced
- 4 thin slices prosciutto
- Grated grana padano cheese
- Make pizza dough according to instructions.
- Spread melted onions and chiles over dough.
- Transfer pizza to a baking stone and cook pizza, under the broiler, rotating every 2 minutes with a long metal spatula, until edges are golden, 6-8 minutes.
- After baking, drape prosciutto over top and sprinkle with cheese.
- Transfer pizza to a board; slice and serve.