Roast Leg of Lamb
This garlic infused lamb pairs wonderfully with a mint sauce and makes for a great spring meal.
Yield: serves 8-10
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 7-8 lb. leg of lamb
- handful of extra-virgin olive oil
- coarse salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°. Peel and slice 2–3 garlic cloves.
- Make small incisions all over a 7 – to 8 – lb. leg of lamb with the tip of a paring knife, inserting a piece of sliced garlic in each slit as you go.
- Rub lamb with a handful of extra-virgin olive oil, some coarse salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
- Put lamb in a heavy roasting pan, meatier side up, and roast in oven for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 325° and continue roasting until internal temperature reads 130° for medium rare, about 30 – 40 minutes more.