A cast-iron skillet is the perfect pan to use for searing, then oven-roasting, sturdy filets of codfish. Check out all of our favorite grilled fish dishes for summer.
- ¼ cups plus 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 5 cipollini onions, peeled and halved crossswise
- 5 white button mushrooms, stems removed, halved crosswise
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cups sherry vinegar
- One 1½-lb. center-cut cod fillet, patted dry with paper towels
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs
Some guts, all glory.