Leslie Orlandini, a food stylist and friend of SAVEUR, introduced us to this spicy ham salad, our favorite use for leftover baked ham. This recipe first appeared in our April 2011 special Sandwich Issue with the article Salad Days.
- 1 lb. baked ham, cut into 1″ chunks
- 8 gherkins
- 1 pickled jalapeño
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped parsley
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 ribs celery, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place ham, gherkins, and jalapeño in a food processor, and pulse until roughly chopped. Transfer to a large bowl, along with mayonnaise, mustard, parsley, scallions, celery, onion, salt, and pepper; stir until combined. Chill before serving.