Brightened with lemon and garlic, tahini becomes a bright, creamy dip — try it with warm, fresh pita, or sliced vegetables. This recipe first appeared in our October 2011 issue along with Katie Robbins’s story Season of Rejoicing.
- 1 cup tahini
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tomato, cored and minced
- 1⁄4 small yellow onion, minced
- Puree tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, and 1⁄4 cup water in a food processor; transfer to a plate. Mix oregano, tomato, and onion in a bowl; spoon over dip.