Treviso and Gorgonzola Tart
This tart combines delicately flavored treviso with pungent gorgonzola.
Yield: serves 4-6
- 7 (1⁄2" × 14 1⁄2") sheet of puff pastry (see recipe for Quick Puff Pastry)
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 heads treviso
- Salt and pepper
- 3 oz. crumbled gorgonzola
- Put a pizza stone on oven rack set in middle of oven. Preheat oven to 400°. Heat 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add crushed, peeled garlic clove, and cook until golden, 3-4 minutes.
- Coarsely chop 2 heads cored treviso, add to oil, and cook over medium-high heat until wilted, 2-3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place a 7 1⁄2" × 14 1⁄2" sheet of puff pastry on a floured inverted baking sheet, prick all over with a fork, then scatter treviso and 3 oz. crumbled gorgonzola on top.
- Put into freezer for 15 minutes, then loosen pastry from baking sheet with a metal spatula and slide onto pizza stone. Bake until pastry is golden, 18-20 minutes.