(Ensalada Tibia de Codorniz) While At Laja, the best restaurant in the Valle de Guadalupe, chef-owner Jair Tellez maked this dish for us using wild local quail and whatever field greens and fresh herbs were available.
- 1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 semiboneless quail, quartered
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 - 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 - 2 oz. (about 4 cups) mixed baby lettuce, chicory, and/or other salad leaves
- Leaves of 3 small branches tarragon, chopped 3 chives, cut into 1" pieces