Menu: Thai Curry
- Hor Mok (Steamed Thai Fish Custard)
- Kaeng Kàrìi (Yellow Curry with Beef and Potatoes)
- Jasmine rice
- Smoked Coconut Cheesecake
- Thai Iced Coffee
More About This Menu
- In central and southern Thailand, rice is more than just a side dish—it’s a major part of the meal. You want the grains to be fluffy, moist, and distinct, not sticky. See our method for making perfect jasmine or other long-grain white rice.
- You can make the paste for the curry in advance; it will keep, refrigerated, for up to a week. If you have leftover paste, it’s wonderful added to roasted vegetables or in all sorts of other applications.
- Unsure of the tools you’ll need to pull off a perfect curry? Andy Ricker’s guide to curry cookware has everything you need to know.
- Not all coconut milk is created equal. And as it’s the base for most Thai curries, choosing the right brand is very important. Here’s our advice on the best.
- For more on essential Thai curry ingredients see Thai Curry Ingredients, Demystified.