Chocolate Amaretti Truffles
Amaretto, coffee, and crushed almond cookies flavor rich dark chocolate truffles in this adaptation of Julia Child's recipe from her classic cookbook, _[The Way to Cook](http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0679747656/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=0679747656&linkCode=as2&tag=saveur-20)_.
Yield: makes About 25 Truffles
- 8 oz. dark chocolate, melted
- 8 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 2 oz. Amaretto liqueur
- 2 tbsp. strong-brewed coffee
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups amaretti cookies, finely crushed
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup finely ground coffee
- Stir chocolate, butter, liqueur, coffee, and vanilla in a bowl until smooth; fold in cookies. Whisk cocoa powder and ground coffee in a bowl. Using 2 teaspoons for each truffle, divide mixture into 25 balls; roll in cocoa mixture and chill until firm.