Galatoire’s Rémoulade Blanc
Inspired by a rémoulade served in New Orleans’ Galatoire’s, this white, mayonnaise-y blend of Creole mustard, horseradish, cayenne, and white pepper is rooted in the classic French recipe. This recipe first appeared in our April 2014 issue with Keith Pandolfi’s story Special Sauce.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. Creole mustard
- 2 tbsp. dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2t tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. grated horseradish
- 2 tsp. minced parsley, plus more
- 1⁄4 tsp. cayenne
- 1⁄4 tsp. freshly ground white pepper
- 4 scallions, minced
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 2 lb. medium cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails removed, chilled
- 1⁄2 head iceberg lettuce, thinly sliced
- Stir mayonnaise, mustard, wine, juice, horseradish, parsley, cayenne, pepper, scallions, and salt in a bowl; stir in shrimp. Divide lettuce between plates; top with shrimp and garnish with parsley.