Gemelli with Roasted Garlic and Cauliflower
Cauliflower is roasted with garlic and cumin until caramelized and sweet, then tossed with gemelli pasta, golden raisins, and slivered almonds for crunch.
Yield: serves 2-4
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cored and cut into 1” florets
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 oz. dried gemelli pasta
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄3 cup golden raisins
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped parsley
- Juice and zest of 2 lemons
- 1⁄3 cup fresh bread crumbs, toasted
- Heat oven to 500°. Toss 1⁄4 cup oil, cumin, garlic, cauliflower, and salt and pepper on a baking sheet; spread out evenly. Bake until cauliflower is golden brown and tender, 25–30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente, about 13 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Toss cauliflower mixture with remaining oil, pasta, almonds, raisins, parsley, lemon juice and zest. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve topped with bread crumbs.