A rich, sweet-tart sauce adorns crispy skin-on salmon fillets in this easy dish from cookbook author Leah Koenig. While to some the combination of fish and fruit may feel like a return to the 1980s, here it offers a warm, summery contrast that’s perfectly seasonal.
Featured in: "One Ingredient, Many Ways."
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- ¼ cups dry red wine
- ¼ cups packed light brown sugar
- ½ tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 2-in. piece fresh ginger, peeled and smashed
- 1 tbsp. 1 Tbsp. (½ oz.) unsalted butter
- Four 6-oz. skin-on salmon fillets, pin bones removed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cups canola oil