A brown butter sauce complements toasted walnuts, roasted butternut squash, and baby kale in a rich pasta dish that perfectly captures the flavors of fall.
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1” pieces
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 oz. pappardelle
- 12 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and lightly crushed
- 3 cups baby kale
- Heat oven to 425°. Toss squash with oil, and salt and pepper to taste; spread out in a single layer on a baking tray and bake 25 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente, about 5 minutes. Drain and rinse; set aside.
- Heat butter in a 12” skillet over medium heat; cook until milky foam settles at the bottom of the skillet and turns nut brown. Toss in pasta, squash, and walnuts; add baby kale and toss until just wilted. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.