John Bates and Brandon Martinez of Noble Sandwich Co. in Austin, Texas, add sriracha to their chunky pimento cheese recipe in this sandwich, upping the spice factor and helping to offset the creaminess of the cheddar. The spread is so good, Bates recommends slathering it on everything from romaine spears to crackers.
- 6 oz. grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 tbsp. garlic aïoli
- 2 tsp. sriracha
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 tsp. paprika
- 3⁄4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, peeled, seeded, and minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 slices white sandwich bread
- D.I.Y. Pickles, for serving
- Thinly shredded iceberg lettuce, for serving
- Mix cheddar cheese, aïoli, sriracha, cider vinegar, paprika, Worcestershire, scallions, roasted bell pepper, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Spread 2 slices bread with pimento cheese; top with pickles, shredded lettuce, and remaining bread slices.