Pumpkin Cheesecake Tart with Gingersnap Crust
Creamy pumpkin filling set in a ginger cookie crust provides a comforting balance of sweetness and spice in this Thanksgiving pie.
Yield: serves 8
- 4 cups finely crushed gingersnaps (about 60 cookies)
- 8 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tbsp. grated ginger
- 1 lb. cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground allspice
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground cloves
- 3⁄4 cup fresh or canned pumpkin purée
- 2 eggs
- Whipped cream, for serving (optional)
- Heat oven to 325°. Mix gingersnaps and butter in a bowl; press crumbs into the bottom and halfway up the sides of a 10" springform or tart pan. Bake until crust is just set, 8–10 minutes; let cool.
- Pass grated ginger through a fine-mesh strainer into a bowl, pressing on and discarding solids; set ginger extract aside. Using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar, cinnamon, salt, allspice, and cloves in a bowl until combined. Beat in reserved ginger extract and pumpkin until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Pour filling into crust and smooth top with a rubber spatula. Bake until lightly browned on top and center of filling is just set, about 30 minutes. Cool to room temperature; cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream, if you like.