Dandelion greens and sturdy, slightly bitter puntarelle (an Italian chicory) stand up to honey-mustard vinaigrette in this assertive spring salad from Elise Kornack of Brooklyn’s Take Root.
Find this recipe in our cookbook, SAVEUR: Italian Comfort Food
- Zest of 1 lemon, plus 3 tbsp. juice
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. honey
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup Castelvetrano olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 6 oz. dandelion greens, trimmed
- 4 oz. puntarelle or regular chicory, trimmed
- 1⁄2 tsp. bee pollen
- Whisk lemon zest and juice, mustard, honey, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until combined. While whisking, slowly drizzle in oil until vinaigrette is emulsified. Stir in olives. Tear dandelion greens and chicory into bite-sized pieces and add to bowl. Using your hands, toss greens with vinaigrette, coating leaves completely; transfer salad to a serving platter and sprinkle with bee pollen.