Baked salmon brightened with lemon zest and parsley and combined with crème fraîche makes a creamy, savory dip that’s great served on crackers or toast points.
Baked salmon brightened with lemon zest and parsley and combined with crème fraîche makes a creamy, savory dip that's great served on crackers or toast points.
Yield: makes 1 1/2 cups
- 8 oz. boneless skinless salmon filet
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp. crème fraîche
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped parsley
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
- Zest of one lemon
- Crackers or toast points, for serving
- Heat oven to 375°. Place salmon in an 8” x 8” baking dish and drizzle with 2 tbsp. lemon juice, the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Bake 15 minutes until cooked through; set aside to cool.
- When salmon is cool enough to handle, combine with crème fraiche, parsley, shallot, remaining lemon juice, and zest. Season with salt and pepper. Serve on crackers or toast points.