Scrambled Eggs with Black Truffles
Cracked eggs are infused with grated truffles overnight. Then the eggs are slowly stirred over a double-boiler to produce a velvety scramble.
Yield: serves 2
- 1 1⁄2 oz. black Burgundy truffles
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Toasted country bread, for serving (optional)
- Minced chives, for garnish (optional)
- Grate 1 oz. truffles into a glass bowl and crack eggs over top; cover and chill mixture overnight.
- The next day, transfer truffle and egg mixture to a heatproof glass bowl and add cream; whisk to combine. Fill a 4-qt. saucepan with 2" of water; bring to a simmer over medium. Rest bowl over pan; cook eggs, stirring slowly and constantly with a heatproof rubber spatula, until small curds have formed, 12–15 minutes. Grate remaining truffles into eggs and season with salt and pepper; serve with toasted bread and garnish with chives, if you like.