A recipe from the late French winemaker and chef Lulu Peyraud, this traditional Provençal tapenade is delicious when spread on little toasts. Tapenade will keep in the fridge for a month or more, topped with a thin layer of olive oil.
Featured in: "Remembering Lulu Peyraud, the Cooking Queen of Provence."
- 2 garlic cloves
- Kosher salt
- ½ cups Niçoise olives, pitted
- ½ cups oil-cured black olives, pitted
- 2 anchovy fillets, well-rinsed and chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. capers, rinsed (optional)
- ½ tsp. finely grated lemon zest
- ½ tsp. chopped thyme or winter savory
- ½ cups extra-virgin olive oil, plus more
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cayenne pepper
Continue to Next Story