Use this crisp, bright salad as a side dish or as a stand-in for chimichurri on top of fish, grilled meat, or chicken.“No matter where you fall on the cilantro spectrum,” says Bishara, “I urge you to try it.”
What You Will Need
- 4 packed cups (6½ oz.) cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 poblano chiles (7 oz.), stemmed, seeded, and thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 2 cups red onion (8 oz.), quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 medium lime, peel and pith removed, flesh quartered and thinly sliced
- Juice of 2 lemons (¼ cup)
- 1⁄3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 10 pitted kalamata olives
- 1 firm-ripe avocado, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the cilantro, chiles, onion, and lime.
- In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, and toss gently to avoid bruising the delicate leaves. Garnish with the olives and avocado slices, and serve immediately.