What You Will Need
Cilantro Salad with Olives, Avocado, and Limes
This crisp, bright cilantro salad is full of tart fresh limes, zesty poblano chiles, and cool, fatty avocado slices. Use it as a side dish or stand-in for chimicchurri on fish, grilled seafood, or chicken.
- 4 packed cups (6½ oz.) cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 poblano chiles (7 oz.), stemmed, seeded, and thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 2 cups red onion (8 oz.), quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 medium lime, peel and pith removed, flesh quartered and thinly sliced
- Juice of 2 lemons (¼ cup)
- 1⁄3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 10 pitted kalamata olives
- 1 firm-ripe avocado, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the cilantro, chiles, onion, and lime.
- In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, and toss gently to avoid bruising the delicate leaves. Garnish with the olives and avocado slices, and serve immediately.